Sunday, October 25, 2009

Melissa Mackie  post :1, Cd Packaging


I am liking a combination of ink and flat milky colours on a cardboard sleeve. Sketchy illustrations and possibly hand rendered type (not sure yet). I would like it to be simplistic. Maybe a drip of black ink with simple, grungy illustrations sprouting from it or maybe a light milky green illustration on cardboard. All of this is subject to change, however I am thinking of a compilation of laid back songs such as Nick Drake, Mazzy Star, Nick Cave, Paul kelly, PJ Harvey, Neil Young, Beck, The Gadflys, Billy Bragg, The Church, The Go Betweens......etc

I like the illustrations below for different reasons.

1
No:1     I like the graph paper. Thinking of incorporating graph and lined paper
 in the 8 page booklet.
 N0:2    I love the simplicity and the boldness. 

No:3   Again i like the simplicity and the look of black on cardboard.


                    No:4   I love the sketchy, grungy marks and the aged feel of the cover.

                              No:5  This is my favorite. I love the hand writing and the mood.

                                        No:6  ........
                                                              No:7 Colours are great
No:8 I Like the use of material and title

I am still pulling the ideas together but so far I am liking handwriting and the use of black ink on cardboard with flat milky pastel colours.  .........  Still thinking of illustration.



No comments:

Post a Comment